Sunday, May 3, 2009

Craft Fair Success!!

Wow what an interesting day! We arrived at Northaven Gardens at around 9:15 a.m. to set up. Many of the other vendors had already set up their booths, so we picked a spot next to GilstrapDesigns who had some exquisite jewelry, artwork and woodwork and KarmaCrochet with her beautiful crocheted items and scrabble pendants! I began to set up my table and my 2 daughters were eager to get started. My daughters mingled a bit while I added the finishing touches to my booth.

The weather yesterday was really rough as it rained like cats and dogs for the most part of the day. There were tornado warnings in the area (gotta love that Texas weather!) so the turnout was sparse. I think my booth looked okay for a first attempt.. I learned so much from observing the other vendors there.
Quwwaart designed this wonderful t-shirt for my shop!

The day turned out pretty wonderful! My first sale was made by my youngest daughter who crocheted a cute keychain for the event.

My ascot neckties were a hit and I handed out lots of flyers to passers by. My oldest daughter even sold one of her hand crocheted keychains that she brought and whe was just thrilled! As the hours passed by, I mingled with the other vendors and was thrilled to meet JaneJoss who has beautiful fabric leaf creations, ReallyBadKitty gorgeous flower bouquets made from buttons! Emma Allison Designs beautiful jewelry! Sydney's Designs was there with her cool upcycled knits! There were other vendors there that displayed some fantastic talent and designs. I would like to give a special thanks to Nikki Crain from the Northaven Garden Center for inviting me to attend as a vendor! It was a wonderful day for me that I couldn't have gotten through without the Almighty's help and my family's love and support. Thanks guys!

2 comments:

Favethingsetc said...

Congrats on your success-I am glad it went well!

GloriasJewelryBox said...

Congratulations on your show! Your work is great!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Like It?? Retweet It!!

They Like Yarncoture!