Thursday, January 28, 2010

Momentum....Keeping It Up




Well I finally got some more things listed this week in my Etsy Shop *YAY* and I have to tell you I am very excited! I made a couple more of my Retro-Victorian Knit Cuffs...the funny thing about the cream pair is that I didn't think to make them in cream/ivory until I saw the buttons which I had purchased waaaay before I made the cuffs. By the way, they're featured here on The Sassy Crafter's Blog! I thought to myself "oh wow..these would be perfect for some cream colored cuffs!" After I finished both pairs of cuffs I then shifted gears and completed my *first* all knit shrug/sweater!

This one was knit from 100% alpaca yarn by cascade and I have to tell you, this was the first time that I had the pleasure of knitting with alpaca yarn and I am in LOVE! It's not itchy WHATSOEVER and is an excellent choice for knitted items that are worn next to the skin. Oh, and the brooch...I handspun my own yarn from some tussah silk and merino wool roving that I purchased a while ago and crocheted a beautiful flower that I made into a brooch...the colors in the flowers compliment the sweater nicely and adds a touch of class. I have a few more goodies up my sleeves as I prepare for the unveiling of my spring line...stay tuned!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Like It?? Retweet It!!

They Like Yarncoture!