Monday, April 4, 2011

Progress...

Working with Thomas Kvist Yarns has been such a treat! My first project is with the Delicious Tweed yarn pictured here in a nice stone-wash denim blue color.
The flecks of white and navy throughout the yarn delightfully kept my interest in this luxurious yarn as it felt like butter gliding across my aluminum needles. I have chosen a simple beginning border of seed stitches and then a base pattern of the half daisy lace stitch.
I really like the way the pattern came out!
Once this is completely finished and blocked, I think the stitch pattern will show through much better. The seed stitch border adds a very nice contrast to the lace...I'm thinking of finishing off the piece with a pretty lacy border...hmmm...

Could this be another gorgeous capelet in the works? A shawl?? Only time will tell!

until next time...
~Yarnie~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Like It?? Retweet It!!

They Like Yarncoture!