Tuesday, January 5, 2010

E M E R G E N C E........Poetry From The Soul

This is a the newest poem that I wrote for my continuing series "Poetry From The Soul"...read...absorb...reflect...and enjoy!

E M E R G E N C E

Deep within the darkness of the depths of my inner soul...
through the weariness...the worry..
I finally see my enemy;
The one who I have been battling, fearing, hating....
that enemy is ME.

An enemy to myself...locked in the darkness of fear and jealousy..
in the darkness of selfishness and cowardice and over-contemplation.

Unaware that I was my enemy;
stifling my heart of expression,
preventing friendships to blossom...

Unaware that I was the one
who didn't speak up for myself,though I wanted to..
who didn't speak against oppression though I thought of doing so...

Unaware that I was the one who kept others from loving me..seeing me..hearing me..and comforting me.

FEAR was my enemy and I had allowed FEAR to become ME.

I ran through the endless fields of darkness looking for a way out.
I searched countless corners only to find no openings...no cracks..no scent of comfort.

My mind was overcome by the prison of fear yet I walked this Earth in a path that seemed to be diminishing....I was unaware that I was walking...at all.

I needed to hold someone's hand, yet no hands were extended to me.
So I thought...

My soul screamed so loud that no one could hear it..the sound had blended in with the everyday sounds of the hustle and bustle of the world. I knew then that I could no longer sit in the darkness...in fear.

With one leap I was able to find an opening..some peace...some comfort..

I...AM...EMERGING

Little by little I started to gain confidence...courage...slowly dispelling my fears..my enemy..what had become ME.

I started to walk with my feet firmly taking every confident step..all the while fighting and ripping away the ME that I had become;
like walking against 200mph winds,

I...AM...EMERGING

You will see me smile, and in my smile you will see the depths of my soul, but you will see no darkness there;

I...AM...EMERGING

My voice will command respect and instill hope while it comforts and encourages you;

I...AM...EMERGING

YOU will SEE ME..YOU will not be able to avoid me..NO LONGER will I be invisible to you;

I...AM...EMERGING

When I walk by...the scent of triumph, endurance, positive thinking, courage, trust, and that of a blissful soul will penetrate your nostrils and invade your bloodstream and become so much a part of your inner being that you will not be able to survive without it.

I...AM...EMERGING...

You will see me...

You will hear me...

I'm coming for you...I'm not stopping...not stopping..

THIS IS MY E M E R G E N C E


By Yarncoture Maryum
©Copyright 2010 Yarncoture Maryum All Rights Reserved

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Like It?? Retweet It!!

They Like Yarncoture!