Thursday, March 24, 2011

Beautiful Discoveries

I discovered something wonderful...I LOVE COOKING WITH MY GIRLS!!! My daughters wanted to make some donuts from scratch, so I went looking on my 'trusty' YouTube channel for some videos on how to do so. I came across this pleasant woman's video on How To Make Cake Donuts ! We followed the recipe as best as we could and came out with these delicious looking donuts!

The glazed ones we made weren't bad either...we used confectioner's sugar, a few drops of vanilla extract(non alcoholic) and a few tablespoons of milk for the icing. They were very tasty...although next time we won't knead the dough as much to produce a lighter, fluffier doughnut. Can you believe that they disappeared in like 30 minutes?!? We had a wonderful time making these..it was a pleasant experience for me...to do some baking with my pre-teen and teenage daughter...BONDING!! Now they want to open up a donut shop! WHY me....???


OH, ONE MORE THING...
Last night while surfing Facebook I came across this wonderful page called Knitspot !! I was blown AWAY by her wonderfully orchestrated knit designs and patterns!
I moseyed on over to the Knitspot Blog where I found a treasure chest of patterns, photographs, and interesting blogs about the simple things that people enjoy in life such as flowers blooming, kitting, cooking...etc. I am hoping that I get a chance to chat with this wonderful knit designer in the near future to discuss knit design, yarn and just becoming a better knit designer. It was truly a treat for me discovering her site and I am hoping to try out some of her patterns very soon!

Until next time,
~Yarnie~

P.S...saw these amazing pictures of swans...they almost look unreal!


The feathers look so fluffy!

2 comments:

C said...

Asalaamu Alaikum

You have an interesting blog masha Allah. Can't wait to see what you knit with that free wool. I think you would be interested in following my daughter's blog: Handmade Beginnings. Maybe mine too. I have 10 kids and homeschool two of them (long story). Oldmuslimwomanintheshoe.

YarnCoture said...

Wa alaikum salaam!

Jazak Allah khair for your warm comments! I kind of have an idea as to what I am going to knit...I cast on my first project and hope to have some pictures of my progress soon! Wow...10 kids...you sure have me beat, masha'Allah!

Take care,
*Yarnie* (Maryum)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Like It?? Retweet It!!

They Like Yarncoture!