Friday, April 16, 2010

Time For FLOWERS! (Part 1)

Spring is my FAVORITE time of year! All the new bright green buds, the baby bunnies taking a first peek from their burrow to all the new things that I want to create...it can be quite overwhelming, but in a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious sort of way! My mission this year so far has been for me to learn to KNIT flowers and I've found a few books to get me going that I would like to share:

The first book, 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet: A Collection of Beautiful Blooms for Embellishing Garments, Accessories, and More by Lesley Stanfield has got me literally jumping out of my chair! It's packed with wonderful patterns of different flowers that are not so ordinary and will definitely make your projects extraordinary!

Next up is Crochet Bouquet: Easy Designs For Dozens Of Flowers by Suzann Thompson


This book will definitely be a staple in your crochet library if you're just starting out exploring different crocheting techniques as the instructions are very easy to follow and offers simple designs with room for personalization.

And last but certainly not least is Nicky Epstein's Crocheted Flowers..aaahh a wonderful book packed with everything you need to create beautiful bouquets, dainty and even felted flowers!


There are also patterns inside the book that show you what you can do with your lovely creations such as an adorable ear flap hat or a gorgeous fiesta flowered handbag!


Later this week look out for part 2 where I will show you what I've come up with in my quest to knit gorgeous flowers!

Till next time,
~Yarn~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Like It?? Retweet It!!

They Like Yarncoture!